Donald A. Morris, D.O.
Dr. Morris is a board certified and fellowship trained ophthalmologist who provides comprehensive general ophthalmology and special emphasis on glaucoma. Dr Morris does advanced cataract and lens implant surgery, retinal evaluation and care, and medical and advanced surgical care of glaucoma. He is well versed in lasers and newer glaucoma and cataract technology. He is a native of the Pittsburgh area having grown up in Center Twp, Beaver County. He is thrilled to be practicing so close to where he was raised. His practice philosophy is to treat everyone the way he would treat his parents or family.
- University of Michigan-BA
- Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine-D.O.-graduated with honors
- Olympia Fields Osteopathic Hospital System-Internship
- Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine/ Midwestern University-Ophthalmology Residency
- Kresge Eye Institute, Wayne State University Detroit Michigan-Glaucoma Fellowship
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Academy of Ophthalmology-Osteopathic Fellow
- American Osteopathic College of Ophthalmology-Fellow
- American Osteopathic Association
- Pennsylvania Academy of Ophthalmology
- Pittsburgh Ophthalmology Society
- Pennsylvania Osteopathic Medical Association
Dr Morris has served as a medical student rotation mentor for Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine. He has been a speaker for the American Osteopathic College of Ophthalmology and the Pittsburgh Ophthalmologic Society Allied Personal Meeting. He has been author and coauthor to publications in national peer reviewed journals such as Journal of Glaucoma. Dr Morris has been accepted into Sigma Sigma Phi, which is the osteopathic medical honor society.
Hospital and Surgical Center Affiliations
- St. Clair Hospital
- Canonsburg General Hospital
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Mt. Lebanon Surgical Center
- UPMC South Surgical Center
- Peters Township Surgery Center