Roger P. Zelt, M.D.
Dr. Zelt is a board certified ophthalmologist who provides advanced cataract and lens implant surgery, glaucoma treatment and surgery, diabetic and other retinal eye care, refractive treatment including laser vision correction, along with comprehensive eye care. He has extensive experience with microsurgery and lasers, and he serves as a surgical teacher for the University of Pittsburgh ophthalmology resident training program. While serving patients of all ages, Dr. Zelt has a special interest in eye problems associated with aging. He feels blessed to be able to serve the people of his native South Hills area of Pittsburgh.
- Harvard College-A.B. Magna Cum Laude
- Harvard Medical School-M.D.
- Mercy Hospital of Pittsburgh-Internship
- Eye & Ear Hospital/University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine-Ophthalmology Residency
Academic and Professional Activities and Affiliations
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine-Clinical Assistant Professor
- American Board of Ophthalmology-Diplomat
- American Academy of Ophthalmology-Fellow
- American College of Surgeons-Fellow
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- International Society of Refractive Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Pennsylvania Academy of Ophthalmology
- Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Allegheny County Medical Society
- Pittsburgh Ophthalmology Society
Dr. Zelt has held various leadership positions in many of these groups, including Pittsburgh Ophthalmology Society President, Pennsylvania Academy of Ophthalmology Board member, Representative from Pennsylvania to the American Academy of Ophthalmology Council, and on the American College of Surgeons Chapter Committee on Applicants. He also has authored numerous publications and articles regarding his ophthalmology research, and has served as a speaker and/or chair at various professional meetings. Dr. Zelt instructs medical students as well as ophthalmology resident physicians, and serves as Chief of Ophthalmology at St. Clair Hospital. In addition, he has carried out short term medical mission work in Africa and South America. He currently is President of the Pennsylvania Academy of Ophthalmology.
Hospital and Surgical Center Affiliations
- St. Clair Hospital
- Canonsburg General Hospital
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Mt. Lebanon Surgical Center
- UPMC South Surgery Center
- Veterans Affairs Pittsburgh Healthcare/Hospital System (for resident training purposes)
- Peters Township Surgery Center