South Hills Eye Associates is comprised of a team of specialists in Ophthalmology, Optometry, and Optical and Contact Lens services. We offer comprehensive eye health and vision services at both our Mount Lebanon and Canonsburg offices. Our Board Certified Ophthalmologists provide the medical and surgical care within the practice.
Vision loss is the disability that many Americans fear most. Our goal is to treat patients with compassion, just as we would want our family and friends to be treated. Initially, we manage ocular disease with medical and or laser treatments. Surgery is usually considered only after medical treatments have proven inadequate. However, when surgery is necessary, we strive to provide the best surgical care available.
All of our surgeons perform no stitch Cataract surgery. We offer advanced technology lens implants, including multifocal/bifocal lens implants and lens implants that can correct astigmatism. Additionally, many other surgical procedures are available within our practice, including:
- Laser Vision Correction (LASIK, PRK, Custom treatments, Intralase/Bladeless)
- Glaucoma (Trabeculectomy with or without antimetabolites, Trabeculoplasty with the Argon or Selective Laser platforms, Tube shunts, Releasable Suture techniques)
- Eyelid disorders (Entropion, Ectropion, Droopy eyelids, tumors, styes)
- Corneal problems (Pterygium with Conjunctival grafts, Removal of tumors, scars,)
- Eye Muscle abnormalities/Strabismus
- Eye Trauma
The Ophthalmologists operate at St. Clair Hospital, Mt. Lebanon Surgical Center, Canonsburg General Hospital, and within the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center system at UPMC South and the Eye and Ear Institute. Several of our surgeons either currently hold or have held university appointments to teach surgical techniques to ophthalmology residents and to proctor medical students.